Our Sun Odyssey-35 "Silver Wind" and our Sigma-33 "Obsession" are available to members for cruises up to a week long. We organize many cruises throughout the year
- A major ten week cruise each summer (with crew swaps)
- Weeklong cruises on the Irish Sea
- Three-day trips on long weekends
- Two day trips to give inexperienced crew a taste of living onboard
We have previously sailed to...
- Circumnavigation of Ireland
- Western Isles of Scotland
- Galway for the Volvo race
- Kinsale for the Gathering
- The Scilly Isles
- North Wales & the Menai Straits
- The Isle of Man
- Most ports of the East Coast of Ireland
Each year we plan a full Summer program of cruising on our Sun Odyssey 35 "Silver Wind".
If demand for places is high then preference is given to those who have not been on any trip this year to date to ensure that everybody gets a fair chance.
We encourage all crew to take a full part in navigation and passage planning and welcome all proposals or suggestions for possible trips.
Where to next?
Please contact our Keelboat Sailing Secretary if you have a proposal for a trip. Requirements would include...
- Yachts should be fully operational.
- There are adequate skippers/competent crew on board for trip.
- All crew are members of the club.
- There are no other conflicting plans or requests; check with Keelboat Secretary
- Participation is open to all members of the club.
- Crew must pay any mooring or marina fees incurred.
- The boat must be thoroughly cleaned and re-fuelled on return.
- There is a charge of e100 per night for the boat, for trips of two nights or over (e.g. this would be e20 each per night with five crew on board and will only apply to the second and subsequent nights the boat is away from Dun Laoghaire)
Please see our Cruising Log for details of previous cruises
Tracking Silver Wind
SID is affiliated to Irish Sailing.
SID club is run on a voluntary basis. Members contribute to Session Organization, Boat Maintenance, Rescue Boat Duty, Training, Committee Work.